Some people have asked me why I sound so old -- it's not really an affectation (for example, I don't wear a bowtie or LARP as a Victorian gentleman or whatever lol), it's just that I was never into a single trend from the 2010s, because I thought they were all awful and cringe, and was always hostile to them.
It's hard to name all of them, but I've already posted about them, so you have some idea what I'm referring to.
The point is that, back then, if you weren't seething enough, or overtly weird enough, or emo enough, you were actually slandered by the freaks -- it put a target on your back. So I did get some flak during the 2010s for those reasons (however I'm a very stubborn person and attempts at power-tripping only make me even more defiant and insane).
Now after all that noise and all that talk about 'get with the times, BOOMER' -- the shoe is on the other foot, and they are the ones who are out-of-touch, lame and repulsive to actual young people, and increasingly needing to whine and blame Zoomers for everything (lol), as their oldness becomes more and more palpable.
"Going outside? Talking to people? SOCIALIZING WITH NORMIEZZZ? Back in my day, young people were sexless shut-ins who spent their time binge-watching gore compilations on Liveleak! I can't believe you! Delete that post!"
"You mean you *don't* fantasize about harming other people? Back in my day, hip and cool young people all had a favorite school shooter!"
"You think being weird is BAD????!!! Back in 2017, if you didn't eat garbage..."
And so on and so forth.
All of this hysteria because they can't accept that 20 year olds in the 2020s don't think of them as cool, and that their influence is waning (the only people I see sucking up to Millennials are the older Zoomers born in the 90s) -- and if you think the situation is bad now, just wait for Gen Alpha.
In fact, the best thing you can do for yourself as a young person (and for your 'generational brand') is to deliberately disavow whatever trends they're into, and follow the EXACT OPPOSITE of their advice across the board, lol. You'll feel a lot happier!
Like expressing yourself sincerely and not being afraid of being yourself (rather than performative grandiose LARPing / self-hatred and seething rage disguised as irony-poisoning), refusing to eat or indulge in various forms of garbage / weirdness, getting along with other people and especially women rather than picking pointless arguments for the sake of antagonism, growing up and moving on and making peace with the world rather than stewing in revenge fantasies like an 11 yr old child, not behaving like a tribalistic fuckin' zealot over things that are irrelevant, complimenting and being friendly rather than withholding praise and power-tripping, and so on and so forth.
Get with *these times*, lol, rather than staying stuck in the awful 2010s forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment